Tuesday, October 23

Projectless

Oh, agony! I don't have anything to think about.

I'm nearing the end of the coif... I had to lengthen the pattern considerably. What person has such a tiny head that they only have six inches from one ear-tip to the next? Anyway, I have twelve inches. I know my head is big, but it's not that big.

I had a rip-roaring good time the other day working on our finances and adding data into Quicken. Yes, I'm not kidding. However, data entry is just not that exciting every single time. Oh, I could certainly enjoy it, but it's not the same.

I made the chicken with shallots and the eggplant caviar. The caviar was a bit, eh. The chicken was good, fairly delicious even, but more tedious to make than the recipe looked. Although it was still an exciting, magnificent meal... we managed a salad, and Gordan toasted a leftover half of a "multigrain" baguette in the oven, which we then doused in extra virgin olive oil and shallot sauce... mmmm.

Tonight I greatly enjoyed looking over pumpkin carving pictures at, ahem, the Martha Stewart website.

Last night I learned a great deal while exploring the bowels of the Cook's Illustrated website.

And yet... and yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment