Thursday, January 31

After Exercise

Well, I went to the gym, and the program I'm set on is mostly strength training--in other words, weight lifting! It wasn't what I expected, but it was satisfying and fun. Afterwards I found an interesting website on women weight lifting.

For the past two days I've had very sore shoulders and underarms, though the rest of me is fine. I will probably decrease the exercises which involve those muscles, and increase the others slightly. I'd also like to do a little cardio, or in other words active exercise. Yet I want to keep it modest, so that it doesn't get in the way of my desired weight gain. Disgruntled as I am over my shoulders, I am really loving this new practice. It is so satisfying to become physically strong, and it fosters the sense of growing strong in other ways as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment