Tuesday, March 25

Two Imaginary Quilts

There's something else I've been doing for the past few days: reading SouleMama, and letting it sink in. This follows my recent decision to commit to learning to sew. And thus, some fabric purchases, from fabric.com, ReproDepot, and now I find myself browsing over Sew Mama Sew. I'm still not completely sure what my first project will be, although I have some ideas. I'm thinking of buying some muslin to practice on. However I've decided that I'm going to do some quilting, somewhere along the way. Just now, looking over the fabrics at Sew Mama Sew, I came up with two particular quilts I want to make someday:

A black and white quilt, made with neat looking exclusively black and white patterns. (Ignore the patterns in there with colors.) I could conceivably make very judicious use of colors, which would be really exciting surrounded by black and white.

And a peach colored baby quilt, if I ever were to make a baby quilt of course. According to many, particularly those in the Waldorf tradition, peach is one of the most suitable colors for babies. This rings true to me. I also saw a lovely picture of the baby quilt that SouleMama made for her youngest; actually the picture I have in mind but couldn't find is relatively more recent, covering the baby at a year old, and also sun-bathed and therefore looking more yellow (and of course, adorable). I'd be using relatively soothing prints in colors such as tan, brown, pink, yellow, orange, and cream--another neat thing about peach is that it's such a blend-oriented color, so there's a lot to play with.

For now, I get to savor the easiest stage of all... ordering my favoritist prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment