Saturday, May 17

Ready

I will not be posting very regularly for awhile. We're getting ready for our trip to New York and Massachusetts. The tickets are bought, and Gordan and I are leaving in about a week. First we'll head to a conference in North Carolina, and then we'll visit my alma mater and its region, and spend the rest of the time with my parents in the Cape in Massachusetts. After a month, our blended family of Dragana and the kids will join us; Anselmo is coming on his own and his plans aren't made yet. We'll all be there for another month, most of which will be spent in New York City.

A couple of weeks ago, I was all bothered by the interruption, and the thought of all the things I couldn't do. Now those things don't seem so urgent. There will be plenty of time, whenever the time is right. I'm really ready for this trip now. There is something about traveling that is so clarifying and energizing for me. Life is simplified; there are fewer responsibilities, and those responsibilities which you do have are more clear and immediate. It will also be very good to spend some time with my parents and my brother, in a summery atmosphere. I can use some more of all of that in my life.

Even though I may be posting less for awhile, I've got a few posts lined up for the next few days anyway. We'll see if they come out or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment