Wednesday, April 29

Splendid Podcasts

Perhaps a year ago, a cookbook called "How to Eat Supper" came out. It emerged from the radio show about cooking called The Splendid Table. I remember everyone talking about the cookbook, especially the method of cooking rice mentioned therein. Each review would begin "I've been listening to The Splendid Table a long time..." and each time I'd think to myself "A radio show about cooking? How could that possibly work, if it's just talking, and there can't even be any pictures..."

Well, recently I was subscribing to podcasts to listen to while knitting. And on a whim I subscribed to The Splendid Table. After all, the podcast is free, and then you can listen to the shows whenever you want, and save them. Eventually I got around to listening, and I have been so impressed. Lynne Kasper, the host, is wonderful. Every time she says "mhmm" it sounds like her mouth is watering at the thought of whatever she's hearing about. When people call in, asking about any food-related subject under the sun, it's incredible how she can turn a seemingly bland or obscure subject into a font of delicious ideas. And the segments with guests and so on are so diverse and full of useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment