Monday, July 20

Hassle Free

On the one hand, it's unpleasant to nag and be nagged. On the other hand, it does help get things done. I don't nag my partner, for the most part. But the fact is that he forgets the things I've asked him to do, or certain things he needs to do that I care about more than he does. So we've discovered a great in between solution, Hassle Me emails. Whenever I think of something I want him to do, I write it in, and select a number of days at which it'll repeat the reminder. Then I don't have to think about it anymore, but he will. It's the best of both worlds! So far it's even been working, as he repaired our rickety futon base. But no matter what it fulfills its most important function--it keeps these thoughts awake for him, and then he gets to decide what he wants to do with them at any given point in time.

You can use these emails to remind yourself of things too. I find a to do list application works better for me when it comes to tasks... I'm more likely to tune out emails, but focus on a list. But I have used it to remind myself of thoughts I want to keep around every few months, such as the importance of decreasing heated plastic food containers, and also little inspiring thoughts or links.

No comments:

Post a Comment